Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-10, 09:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

San Antonio Spurs Sign Erie BayHawks Guard Cedric Jackson

San Antonio Spurs Sign Erie BayHawks Guard Cedric Jackson
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 at 10:55PM
MLN Newswire - www.mlntherawfeed.com-

NEW YORK, March 10, 2010 – The San Antonio Spurs today signed guard Cedric Jackson of the Erie BayHawks today making him 22nd GATORADE Call-Up of the 2009-10 NBA Development League season. Jackson re-joins the NBA following a GATORADE Call-Up to the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this season and becomes the third Spur with NBA D-League experience.

Jackson has appeared in 30 games, 21 starts, for Erie this season, averaging 15.8 points, 7.4 assists and 5.1 rebounds in 32.7 minutes. He has scored in double figures 21 times and registered five double-doubles, including a season-high 34 points to go with 13 assists on Jan. 19, in a 121-113 road loss to the Austin Toros.

During his first GATORADE call-up, Jackson played nine minutes in five games with the Cavaliers between Jan. 23 - Feb. 12.

As a senior at Cleveland State in 2009, the 6-foot-3, 190-pounder was named the 2009 Horizon League Defensive Player of the Year and to the All-Horizon League Second Team. In two seasons with the Vikings, he averaged 12.3 points on .405 shooting, 5.3 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 2.8 steals in 32.2 minutes.

Jackson is expected to join the Spurs today and be available when San Antonio hosts the New York Knicks at Quicken Loans Arena tonight.

The NBA Development League, founded in 2001, is the NBA’s official minor league whose teams have direct affiliations to NBA franchises. For the 2009-10 season, the league will feature 16 teams – including the debut of the Maine Red Claws and the Springfield Armor. A proven developer of talent, 20 percent of players in the NBA at the conclusion of the 2008-09 season boasted NBA D-League experience, while the league continues to develop coaches, referees, and front office staff for the NBA and its teams. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA D-League Cares programs. The NBA D-League also advances the game of basketball as the research and development arm of the NBA. Throughout the season fans can watch all NBA D-League games on NBA Futurecast, the free live Web-streaming initiative found at nba.com/futurecast.

San Antonio Spurs Sign Erie BayHawks Guard Cedric
GO SPURS GO
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-10, 12:11 AM
Administrator

:applause
Old 03-16-10, 02:27 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-10, 02:31 AM
Administrator

He is ZERO PERCENT OWNED!!!
Old 03-16-10, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
He is ZERO PERCENT OWNED!!!
He is shooting 75% from FT. That's a good thing on the Spurs!!

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 03-16-10, 07:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs need to Keep Cedric Jackson next season as well!
Old 03-16-10, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

:applause:applause
how sweet!! 3 spurs on "whos hot"... bonner, jefferson and jackson
Old 03-17-10, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Samurai View Post
Spurs need to Keep Cedric Jackson next season as well!
He'll be in camp this summer. Spurs need all the cheap bodies they can get considering their pay roll and the cap likely dropping. .

Old 03-18-10, 12:21 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Did the spurs not offer him a second 10-day? I could not locate him on the bench.
Old 03-18-10, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Did the spurs not offer him a second 10-day? I could not locate him on the bench.
Weird, the link for Jackon's signing on Spurs.com goes to Temple. But his contract should still be valid for a few more days.