News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-09, 10:22 AM
Dr. Dash

Mark Cuban is Flapping his Gums About the Riverwalk---Again!

Mark Cuban is Flapping his Gums About the Riverwalk---Again!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Says without barriers too many people will 'fall in'

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is running his mouth about the Riverwalk again, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Two years ago, Cuban called the Riverwalk an 'ugly, muddy-watered thing.' When Cuban was in San Antonio for Tuesday nights' Mavericks game, he checked out the Riverwalk again, and declared that he's afraid too many people will fall in.

"Now that they're cleaning it up, my next project is to tell them they need to put up those aluminum things to keep people from falling in," he said.

"Cuban really needs to focus on his team, and not other issues," Greg Gallaspy, Executive Director of the Paseo del Rio Association, which manages the Riverwalk, told 1200 WOAI news.

Cuban said he would like to set up a web site, 'Ifellintheriverwalk.com,' to have people post photographs of them falling into the river, and what happened to them.

"You have a few situations a year when people do that, but that's it," Gallaspy said, pointing out that the Riverwalk is the single largest tourist attraction in the state, with millions of visitors annually.

And he says in many places, Cuban's advice was taken decades ago.

"You look down restaurant row and there are some railings. You look under some of the bridges, and we have some railings."

Gallaspy says rather than 'railing' about the Riverwalk, Cuban really needs to focus his attention on the slumping Mavs.

"He's just trying to pull his thoughts and everybody's thoughts away from the LOSER Dallas Mavericks," he said.

As for that web site, 'I fellintheriverwalk.com?" As soon as Cuban made his remarks, WOAI news bought that web address, so Mark, open your check book!

News Radio 1200 WOAI San Antonio Texas
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-09, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Maybe he should focus on his team and his franchise players 'slump' and not worry about the Riverwalk.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-26-09, 12:06 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Cuban thinks the Riverwalk is bad........I am sure his bath water is worse.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 02-26-09, 12:25 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

Mark Cuban is a dumbass!
He just says that stuff because Dallas doesn't have a Riverwalk.
Old 02-26-09, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

i don't live in san an, but what i heard was that they actually did a big cleanup of it after cuban's comments (may have just been a coincidence). so i do ask, was it really that bad? it looked great in the championship parades.
Old 02-26-09, 12:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

when i lived there they cleaned it once a year.

-Bruce Bowen
Old 02-26-09, 01:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

it gets drained and cleaned once a year. and in true san antonio fashion it is an event with a mud king and queen each year. truth is not many people, outside of those under the influence, fall in. i've been down there during the holidays, when it is the busiest, and had no problems.

oh and the paseo del rio organization responsible for the rivers uptake did modify how they cleaned the surface on a daily basis after cuban's comments. truth is riverwalk's allure isn't the river. it's the restaurants and shops and bars along it's banks.
Old 02-26-09, 01:08 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I volunteer to push Cuban in the river.
Old 02-26-09, 01:15 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

he should have all his players dipped in the holy riverwalk water that causes the spurs to be awesome...
Old 02-26-09, 01:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MULLETINO View Post
Mark Cuban is a dumbass!
He just says that stuff because Dallas doesn't have a Riverwalk.
2nd that
Old 02-26-09, 01:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Cuban's been sore ever since he had to cancel his team's parade, so he complains about our route every chance he gets.
Old 02-26-09, 02:42 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Old 02-26-09, 03:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I don't know what has been done about the RW but the last time I was there the water was pretty bad.

I know cuban is just trying to slam SA but he isn't too far off from the truth. In all honesty that river should look like the San Marcos river, so crystal clear a baby pig can swim in it.
Old 02-26-09, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

And Dallas is soooo clean and beautiful.....

Old 02-26-09, 04:14 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNative View Post
I volunteer to push Cuban in the river.
I volunteer to give Cuban an "Atomic Wedgie" and push him in the river.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 02-26-09, 04:19 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
I don't know what has been done about the RW but the last time I was there the water was pretty bad.

I know cuban is just trying to slam SA but he isn't too far off from the truth. In all honesty that river should look like the San Marcos river, so crystal clear a baby pig can swim in it.
WADR, Vito, the SA River is just like the SM River. Some days in crystal clear with a beautiful green-blue tint. And I HAVE swam in it, so call me Ralph...

On other days, there are high winds causing leaves, grass, and some trash to get blown into it. On some days, the run-off from rain creates "muddy" water turning the river into a stream of Nestle's Quik.

I have lived in both cities. For charm in the downtown area, SA wins hands down.

Kiko: Thanks SO much for that. Please keep it for when we cross the Mavs at playoff time!
Old 02-26-09, 09:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Watching drunk turistas fall in the river is a San Antonio tradition. No reason to expect a cultural illiterate like Cuban to understand.

Once upon a time, giants ruled the earth....
Old 02-26-09, 09:40 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by highplainsspur View Post
Watching drunk turistas fall in the river is a San Antonio tradition. No reason to expect a cultural illiterate like Cuban to understand.

Old 02-26-09, 10:03 PM
SpursReport Rookie

who saw me with the mark cuban suck t shirt
Old 02-26-09, 10:59 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Natives don't fall in, they get pushed in by their drunker than them friends.
Old 02-27-09, 10:20 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Cuban doesn't even own the website.

Mark Cuban - His Rants & Raves &;Riverwalk Idiocy

Once upon a time, giants ruled the earth....
Old 02-27-09, 07:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Half the coolness of the riverwalk is being able to walk right next to the water. Put in guardrails and you take out the adventure.